We’re pleased that you are interested in the ECHN USA IAH mentoring program. Information on becoming an mentor or mentee is included below. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Mentoring is a proven approach to drive rich learning and development for both mentees and mentors.
Top five reasons to become a mentor:
1. You change the world for someone
2. You get new insights that make a better leader
3. Your career benefits
4. You feel like you did something that matters
5. Everyone in the community benefit
Source: ERE Media: HR, Recruiting and Sourcing News (modified)
Top five reasons to become a mentee:
1. Professional growth (e.g. receive assistance with long-term career planning and direction, receive general constructive criticism and guidance)
2. Personal growth (e.g. discover the importance of collegiality and sense of community, develop new interests)
3. Increase recognition and acceptance in the professional community (e.g. recommendation letter from mentor, introductions to significant people in your field)
4. Receive more knowledge about the field and ways to achieve your professional goals (e.g. receive suggestions for structuring grant applications, learn new research techniques)
5. Receive guidance on aspects of industry or academia life and culture